Home

FetHead SM7B

FetHead arrived in a small cardboard tube, hidden in a pouch inside. It was much smaller than expected, which was fantastic as I was worried it wouldn't fit at the end of my SM7B, sitting on the arm. It did fit without any issues. If you want to listen to my recording without Fethead and with it, you can view my video review on Youtube Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Microphone. The FetHead Phantom from TritonAudio is a low-noise, in-line microphone preamplifier that provides condenser microphones with phantom power for an improved sound. Attach FetHead to a balanced microphone cable and plug it straight into the microphone. Switch on phantom power and enjoy clean gain In this video I test the TritonAudio Fethead microphone preamplifier and do a series of audio tests with the Shure SM58 and Shure SM7B.Check out my review of..

Shure SM7B + FetHead +Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB Audio Interface. Combining the Shure SM7B with a FetHead and Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB audio interface, gives you USB connectivity, audio monitoring while recording, and up to 59dB gain from the Focusrite, and an additional 29dB gain from the FetHead. That's up to 88dB gain in total Condition. Mint (Used) Mint items are in essentially new original condition but have been opened or played. learn more. Brand. Shure. Model. SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Microphone with FEThead. Finish. Black FetHead is an ultra-low noise, high quality, in-line microphone preamplifier. It provides improved sound for ribbon and dynamic microphones. Small, compact, but, powerful, Fethead utilizes tried and true FET technology to deliver up to 27dB of clean boost. No more cranking your mic preamp and adding unwanted noise to get your microphone to an.

FetHead Gain Booster for SM7B Mike Migas Productio

I mean like this: Shure SM7B/XLR Cable/Fethead/GoXLR Mini. I want to avoid the preamp fethead in front of the camara this way as I am going to do streamings. Extra question: Which rear mic configuration do you think ia better for using this mic on gameplay streamings or just chatting? Thanks! 6 comments. share. save Whether you are podcasting with a Rode PodMic, Shure SM7B, or using a passive ribbon mic to capture delicate fingerpicking on a nylon-string guitar, a mic activator is the standard solution to boost a weak signal before it hits the mixing console.. The preamps of yore, that's the 60s and 70s to be precise, were built to dish out 70 to 80 dB of gain boost without flinching The sound coloration with the SM7B is likely down to a higher-than-usual 7 kOhm input impedance (which would be expected to result in slightly more highs and a more hefty bottom end). Should be less than with a FEThead though (33 kOhms or something if memory serves?) Especially the large diaphragm dynamics like the SM7b and RE20. They can be useful to have around. Personally I prefer to use an outboard preamp with enough gain. But I have clients in the podcast world (where the SM7b and RE20 are very popular mics) that use them a lot. FYI the triton fethead does the same thing and fits better against the.

Amazon.com: TRITON AUDIO FetHead Phantom In-Line ..

1. A FetHead alleviated the noise as then there was adequate signal to keep the 286s gain lower and have enough signal for the compressor to work as it should. Condensers or dynamics with hot outputs seemed to be OK with the 286s. I'm not shy about using the FetHead with the SM7b and use it most all the time regardless of the preamp I use
  2. uscule 2 x 2 x 7.5 cm and weighing in at 0.175 lb, this device manages to pack a big boost in a tiny product
  3. Is the Fethead worth it for the SM7B? Or should you get the Cloudlifter for your SM7B? So does SM7B need a preamp? In today's video we breakdown and review t..
  4. Whether you need an in-line preamp like a Cloudlifter or FetHead depends on a few things. In this video I will explain under which circumstances you can bene..
  5. Flawless legendary SM7B dynamic mic with inline Triton Audio Fethead preamp (more reliable and better sounding than Cloudlifter CL-1 imho). Full retail content + metal pop filter. Everything functional 100% as designed
  6. The FetHead from TritonAudio is a low-noise, in-line microphone preamplifier that provides improved sound for ribbon and dynamic microphones. The electronics are housed in a metal chassis with a balanced 3-pin female XLR input and a balanced 3-pin male XLR output. It is suitable for use at home, in the studio, on tour, and more
  7. Neste vídeo eu mostro como o microfone dinâmico SHURE SM7B fica melhor ainda junto com o pré-amplificador Tritonaudio Fethead.Para comprar o SHURE SM7B cliqu..

On other recorders like the H6, you would generally need to add a mic. activator like a Fethead or Cloudlifter in order to get enough clean gain to power the SM7B. The recording above is that test. Below is the story of how I came to create this test as well as how to create a mix-minus using the Zoom H6. That story is the reason I created this. TritonAudio FetHead In-Line Preamp Enhances the sound and performance of your low-output dynamic microphone . The TritonAudio FetHead In-Line Preamp is the perfect pairing with low-output dynamic microphones such as the SM7B. Although it may be small, it is mighty. When connected to your microphone it delivers a clean boost of up to 27dB

The SM7B requires a lot of gain, so it needs a good preamp, a Scarlett solo won't give you the amount of gain the mic needs really. There's lot of writing out there about the mic and what preamps are good for it, but on the easy and more affordable end a cloudlifter or triton audio fethead will help a lot I haven't used the Dynamite with the SM7b but I have used the Triton Fethead, which is a similar cylinder design. I prefer it to the Cloudlifter because it requires one less cable and it's one less box I have to worry about. The cloudlifter is built very solidly, but I don't like the fact that it's a standalone box The only thing worth considering (though it doesn't necessarily mean better) would be the option of a Cloudlifter instead of the FetHead. Just have to try it with your setup to see what you feel like gives you the cleanest gain boost. If you're only ever using one mic then the Scarlett solo should work fine Lightly used Triton Audio Fethead mic activator. Provides a boost of clean gain for low-output microphones like the SM7B, so you don't have to crank the inputs of your interface so high and possibly cause noise floor problems.The function of this is similar to a Cloudlifter but it clips directly. Desk Boom Arm RODE's 'PSA1' is a studio boom arm ideal for radio, broadcast, studio and home use. The PSA1 offers a horizontal reach of 820mm, a vertical reach of 840mm and full 360 degree rotation. It is supplied with velcro cable wraps and both desk-clamp and desk-insert style attachments for versatile mounting in desks up to 55mm thick.

TritonAudio Fethead Mic Preamp - Shure SM58 & SM7B Audio

The SM7B sounds amazing with the Zoom H5, with no other preamps required. This was recorded last night with 2 x SM7B mics routed into the Zoom H5 which was on battery power. This was recorded last night with 2 x SM7B mics routed into the Zoom H5 which was on battery power Cloudlifter: https://geni.us/P9arjY (Amazon)FETHEAD: https://geni.us/tXWqJ (Amazon)If Amazon's pricing for the fethead seems wonky, try here: http://tritonau.. One of the first questions that people have when they setup their Shure SM7B is Does the SM7B need 48v of Phantom Power. There are two different answers to this question, depending on your setup. Quick Answer: You do not need 48v of phantom power for the Shure SM7B unless you are using an inline preamp like a CloudLifter, Fethead, Dynamite, etc In my case, the setup I have is overkill. I could go without using the Fethead and instead just use the DBX or even go directly into the 2i4, believe it or not, I get satisfactory results (i.e. a good signal to noise ratio) using the 2i4 even without a Fethead. Funny enough, the SM7B is the mic. attached to the boom arm in their picture The Neve 1073 for example claims to boost 80db as the hardware, but Apollo twin pres are only boosting 65db of that bc that's the max dbs the Twins pre's will boost..so its important to know if when I crank my uad 1073's red knob to 80 if every Db above 65 is clean digital gain that would beneficial and usable on a Shure SM7B

Examples of dynaminc microphones, Shure SM7B, ATR-2100, SM58, Electro-Voice RE20 etc... Examples of condenser microphones, Blue Yeti, Rode NT1, Neuman N1a, Blue Snowball etc... The picture that is advertised, still says Fethead Phantom, but that was not the product I received, it was for dynamic microphones Groot aanbod, kleine prijzen. Betalen met iDeal. Nederlandse klantenservice SM7B is perfectly working and in mint condition. It comes with the original box and papers/accessories. Included with the mic is the Triton Fethead which provides 20db of clean power. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks for looking Title pretty much sums it up. The gain boost makes a night & day difference on my Shure SM7B. Comparing it with the same mic but without the FetHead, I'd have to keep my microphone gain on my Scarlett 2i2 on max. volume just to get the same amount of gain that I'd get at around 35-40% with the FetHead on the same interface

I use a Fethead (22kohms) with my SM7b. No bass boost and tends to give the high end a bit more clarity. OP doesn't have the Fetheads yet. From a Focusrite article..... Impedance Setting Quick Guide - In general, the following selections will yield these results: High mic pre-amp impedance settings - will generate more overall leve The other option is an external gain booster, such as the Triton Fethead. This is a very simple inline preamp that gives a flat 20 dB boost to your line volume before it hits the preamp. This would give you plenty of headroom to make use of your SM7B, and would be simple enough to use on other mics as well if needed Im using a Shure Sm7B Microphone. Its connected with an Scarlett Solo. Or they buy a Fethead / Cloudlifter CL-1, an inline gain booster that uses the phantom power from your interface to add +25dB of gain. The DBX is the better buy, it's $50 more but you get a 60dB preamp with a compressor, de-esser, exciter, expander/gate.. Bought it with SM7B to use as a mic booster. Didn't like what SM7B does to my voice, will be returning it. This thing though - it stays, because it is freaking AWESOME. I use it AFTER my hardware compressor and tube EQ as distortion/tone machine to get that 1964/65 Abbey Road sound - bright, crunchy goodness FWIW I actually prefer the Triton fethead for the SM7b. It's cheaper and requires one less cable than the cloudlifter. Not built as well, but the fethead fits in line with the XLR output on the SM7b, so it stays out of the way. Reactions: eclecto-acoustic. Mister Natural. Gold Supporting Member. Messages 1,698. Jan 19, 202

Shure SM7B Microphone with Triton Fethead Preamp | Reverb

The popular Shure SM7B under the magnifying glass. It is comes with the company of the TritonAudio Fethead and the Motu M2, how well this sounds you can hear in the review. The Shure SM7B dynamic microphone is still despite it's age a quite desired microphone for all creators out there. The video shows why that is and what makes this mic so hip The FetHead is a popular Cloudlifter alternative because it provides a similar amount of additional gain a lower price point and it does so without needing an additional XLR cable. With the Cloudlifter, you need to plug your mic into it and then run another XLR cable from the output port into your mixer or audio interface I use a Triton Fethead on my preamps that lack gain for my SM7b. Also good for cheap ribbon mic I have. I'm 'thrifty' so the Fethead was my choice and it works fine. I also like that it mounts directly onto the SM7b. TRITON AUDIO FetHead In-Line Microphone Preamp FETHEAD B&H Photo Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator CL-1 B&H Phot Quick Answer: You do not need 48v of phantom power for the Shure SM7B unless you are using an inline preamp like a CloudLifter, Fethead, Dynamite, etc FetHead is a low-noise, high quality, in-line microphone preamplifier FetHead Philosophy FetHead is an ultra-low noise, high quality, in-line microphone preamplifier. It provides improved sound for ribbon and dynamic microphones. Small, compact, but, powerful, Fethead utilizes tried and true FET technology to deliver up to 27dB of clean boost. No more crankin

Purchased a Fethead to amplify the microphone signal for a Shure SM7B and later an Electro-Voice RE20. In both applications, the Fethead was stellar in extremely low noise, clean amplification. Both microphones benefited with much more presence and balanced tone. Recommend highly! Many thanks to the team at Long McQuade for their assistance Shure SM7B Vocal Dynamic Microphone for Broadcast, Podcast & Recording, XLR Studio Mic for Music & Speech, Wide-Range Frequency, Warm & Smooth Sound, Rugged Construction, Detachable Windscreen - Black. 4.9 out of 5 stars. 2,780 The SM7B has been updated from earlier models with an improved bracket design that offers greater stability. In addition to it's standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications. Shure SM7B Features. Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech

Shure SM7B Review: Who Uses It + Is It Best for You in 2021

1. The FetHead Phantom from TritonAudio is a low-noise, in-line microphone preamplifier that provides condenser microphones with phantom power for an improved sound. Attach FetHead to a balanced microphone cable and plug it straight into the microphone. Switch on phantom power and enjoy clean gain. This works with any condenser microphone and is suitable for use at home, in the studio, on tour.
  2. Yep the SM7b is a notoriously low output mic. It wants about 60dB of gain, and many bus powered interfaces can't deliver that cleanly. So you want either an external mic pre with more gain or an in-line gain boost like the cloudlifter. Triton Audio makes a similar device called the Fethead which I like with the SM7b specifically
  3. JFET Microphone Preamplifier Adapter. Staat van object is Nieuw. Verzonden met bpost - standaardverzending. This is a JFET amplifier design that I engineered myself. It is very similar to the fethead and cloudlifter. It provides 20dB of clean gain measured unloaded. Which is perfect for low output microphones like the SM7b, MD441, MD421

Shure SM7B *Mint* Cardioid Dynamic Microphone WITH Fethead

1. I have the SM7b, RE-20 and RE-320 (all bought used) and I prefer the sound of the RE-320 for most basic voice type stuff. The RE-320 has a hot enough output you may not even need an extra boost from a preamp or a Cloudlifter or Fethead. SM7b - 1.15 mv/PA. RE-20 - 1.5 mv/PA
  2. The sm7b needs around 55db of super clean gain, this means you'll need a preamp that has that kind of clean headroom for recording, so like 65db and up. It's different with some higher end preamps that can boast clean gain up until the last db or so, but we're probably talking more low to mid range here where you need at least 10db clear
  3. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for JFET Microphone Preamplifier (Fethead, Cloudlifter, SM7, SM7B, MD421, MD441) at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products
  4. Having the FetHead inline Mic preamp right on the Shure SM7B really reduced noise pickup and provided the need amplification. Worked without an issue. As well, prior to the Shure SM7B, used it on a Shure SM58 and it was a solid work hoarse. The LM Scarborough Team were awesome in sourcing a unit for me. I'm thinking of getting another one..
  5. The SM7B & FetHead Bundle provides you with an excellent dynamic microphone which reaches its full potential with an extra 27dB of ultra clean gain before feedback, mounted to your desktop. The ultimate combo for warm, direct vocals and smooth audio reproduction in close-proximity studio and vocal applications. Ideal for studio and live vocals, broadcast/radio presenting, podcasts and voiceovers

FetHead - TRITONAUDI

Fethead gives a 27dB boost to the existing gain provided by your pre-amp. This allows driving even the most gain-hungry microphones such as Shure SM7B, Shure SM58 or Rode Procaster at normal audio levels without overburdening your pre-amp and without introducing any pre-amp noise FetHead is a low-noise, high quality, in-line microphone preamplifier. It provides improved sound for Ribbon and Dynamic microphones. The electronics are housed in a robust metal chassis with a balanced 3-pole female XLR input and a balanced 3-pole male XLR output, rugged enough for use at home, in the studio or on tour

The kit consists of a Shure SM7B microphone, a Triton Audio Fethead Mono Mic-Preamps, a cable Digiflex NXX-10 and a K&M 232 stand. The SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications. It features excellent shielding against electromagnetic hum. Plug the FetHead directly into your low output dynamic mike like an SM7B or EV20 on one end and your XLR cable into the other end to get 26dB boost. Add the FetHead if your preamp does not have enough gain (60dB for these mikes) or it is noisy when set at high gain levels. The FetHead requires phantom power from your preamp FetHead is a low-noise, high quality, in-line microphone preamplifier. It provides improved sound for Ribbon and Dynamic microphones. The electronics are housed in a robust metal chassis with a balanced 3-pole female XLR input and a balanced 3-pole male XLR output, rugged enough for use at home, in the studio or on tour. Which microphones benefit

Shure SM7B + Fethead + GOXLR Mini : podcastin

The SM7B does not require phantom power and is not affected if phantom power is present on its mixer input. Note that some third-party external pre-amps commonly used with the SM7B DO require phantom power to operate, however. Attachment Link(s) Last Edit Date. FAQ. Related Articles Are you using a Cloudlifter CL-1 or Fethead preamp to drive the SM7B, or just running your interface or mixer gain extremely high (and generally noisy)? Do be aware that the SM7B is intended for use at VERY close ranges, with the mic less than one foot from your mouth

Cloudlifter Alternative Shootout (Fethead vs Dynamite vs

The SM7B, due to its low output, requires clear preamplification before most preamps anyway, for which the FetHead is perfectly suited. Ribbon mics, on the other hand, also benefit from much better impedance matching, which takes the strain off the mic and gives it better transient response We checked out Triton Audio's Fethead and Cloud Microphone's Cloudlifter to see which little weapon is right for your audio gear set up. We test out the male and female voice connecting each to the Shure SM7B with a Zoom F8

The Triton Fethead paired with an SM7B will sound as good as the Cloudlifer, yet it is cheaper and more practical in many ways. TIP: You can also connect the Fethead on the Preamp side. Another great industry VO mike (which has been mentioned here) is the Sennheiser MKH-416 P48 Shotgun Microphone Achieve professional sounding recordings with this excellent production package The SM7b is a very good mic, period. The only issue you might run into is that if you have a preamp with 60 dB of gain you will likely need all of it. If this is an issue you may be able to use an inline booster such as a Fethead to get the required gain. P Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & Shure SM7B | Setup & Demo. In this tutorial we show you how to setup the Shure SM7B Microphone with the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface. We test to see if an inline preamp like the Cloudlifter CL-1 is required. We also show you how this combination sounds ( 3:43) with a demonstration with the Scarlett 2i2 Air Button Ben.Last. With an SM7b I'd actually recommend just getting a Cloudlifter or Triton Audio Fethead. If you're really looking for a preamp, I'd actually just go ahead and get a Focusrite interface and run the mic through that instead of the Axe. You can get a Scarlett 2i2 for about what you're looking to spend (I'm sorry if I'm off slightly, I'm.

I've used the SM7B with a Fethead and my Scarlett 2i2 once for a podcast interview. Sounded fine. In my home studio I've got way more ambient noise to ever worry about self-noise of mics or preamps. #18 AudioGeekZine, Apr 28, 2014. DjentyTard Djenty Member. Joined: Dec 20, 201 The SM7B is a staple in most podcasting setups. You'll often hear that the SM7B does fine without a mic booster, but in my experience it is tremendously gain hungry and needs some legwork to get a decent signal level. (You can also check out my review of the Shure SM7B for more info on this classic mic.) Do You Need Phantom Power for.

Which Preamp For Sm7b? Audio Science Review (ASR) Foru

The FetHead does not connect flush to the SM7B's XLR socket; it's a bit crooked because the FetHead is just thick enough that it doesn't clear the mic boom. When I rotate the mic at the end of the boom, the FetHead rubs against the boom January 13th, 2012 at 7:57 pm. @Curt, the cloudlifter would absolutely improve your tracks. The SM7B is a great mic, but infamous for its low output level. Run it into a CL-1 or CL-2 and then into your channel strip, and you'll be able to run the preamp at a moderate level and still have plenty of signal Using a Fethead or Cloudlifter will resolve this gain issue, meaning that you don't have to push your audio interface preamp as much. Reviews suggest that it's not fantastic at rejecting large amounts of ambient audio - However, we've not had any issues with the SM7B in relation to this, as we think it does a decent job Overall Shure SM7B is the best dynamic microphone for podcasting. Our second best choice is FetHead, which comes in 2 configurations - one is not passing phantom power so it's safe for a dynamic mic, while other FetHead Phantom passes phantom power and is appropriate for condenser mics

Does the Shure SM7B need a Cloudlifter to record? The

When mated with a high-end dynamic microphone like a Sennheiser MD441, or Shure SM7 our FetHead really shines. For more information about the Triton Audio Fethead Preamp inlcuding features click the link here. Specifications. Shure SM7b Dynamic Mic. Weight. 765 g. Height x Width x Depth: 198.7 × 117.0 × 96.0 mm The most common question with the Scarlett 2i2 and Electro-Voice RE20 Microphone is wether or not the interface can power the gain hungry RE20. In our experience, the Scarlett 2i2 falls short of powering the Shure SM7B effectively on it's own. We recommend using an external in-line pre-amp like the Cloudlifter or FetHead Shure SM7B Vocal Dynamic Microphone for Broadcast, Podcast & Recording, XLR Studio Mic for Music & Speech, Wide-Range Frequency, Warm & Smooth Sound, Rugged Construction, Detachable Windscreen - Black. £333.50. Tritonaudio FetHead Phantom. 3.9 out of 5 stars. The TritonAudio FetHead is an in-line pre-amp for dynamic mics. The FetHead is a low-noise, high quality, in-line microphone preamplifier that provides improved sound for Ribbon and Dynamic microphones. The electronics are housed in a robust metal chassis with a balanced 3-pole female XLR input and a balanced 3-pole male XLR output, rugged for use at home, in the studio or on tour

Is it overkill to use a Fethead with a DBX 286s mic preamp

FetHead vs Cloudlifter: Mic Activator Head to Head TS

I purchased the Fethead Phantom for field recording, to go along with a Zoom H4N and a Rode NTG-2. This particular Zoom/Rode combination is notorious for low output levels, and I found out about the Fethead and decided to give it a try. I received it, and for some reason, the Fethead was *adding* a large amount of noise to my recordings Das SM7 (SM7A, SM7B) ist ein dynamisches Mikrofon, die generell eine geringere Empfindlichkeit aufweisen als Kondensator-Mikrofone. Beispielsweise gegenüber dem KSM44 liefert das SM7 etwa 28 dB weniger Pegel bei identischem Schalldruck. Der Vorverstärker an den das SM7 angeschlossen wird sollte einen Gain von mindestens 60 dB aufweisen können A bit about the Rode Procaster. The Rode Procaster is a broadcasting microphone purpose-built for use with vocals. This is evident with the built-in pop filter and internal shock mounting, reducing vocal plosives and mechanical transmission in the low end, ensuring your vocals are as clean and quiet as possible

Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Microphone w/ FetHead, Case, Stand, Pop Filter Extra. C $557.23 + C $43.34 shipping + C $43.34 shipping + C $43.34 shipping. Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone w/ CL-1 Cloudlifter. C $557.23 + shipping + shipping + shipping. Picture Information

Is the Fethead worth it for the SM7B? (Fethead vs

Dynamite DM1, or Cloudlifter CL1? The Gear Pag

TRITON AUDIO FetHead In-Line Microphone Preamp FETHEAD B&HFat Llama | Rent (almost) anythingShure SM7B Tested with Different Interfaces - YouTubeFethead Tritonaudio Mic Xlr Perfeito Para Sm7b E DinâmicosTritonAudio FetHead