Home

Does everyone get chemo curls

In Moll's experience with clients who have gone through chemotherapy, chemo curls can last between 18 to 24 months before the hair returns to its original texture. Like the current scientific understanding around chemo curls, Moll agrees, There are a lot of unknowns.. Moll works with her clients, each in their own private room. Whatever feels best to you is best for you. Give yourself time to recover. Meanwhile, treat your new hair gently. If you choose to grow your hair out (as some people do once they have the chance), keep in mind that these measures will need to be continued for some time, and some people with long hair note that their chemo curls last for 5 years or more What My Chemo Curls Taught Me About Life. I've always been really into my hair. Even as a kid, good hair days were a goal—which is why I usually adorned my hair with banana clips, hair bows, or some other awful '80s accessory. I was lucky enough to have pretty good hair, too: long and thick, with just the slightest wave Like you, my last chemo was in August 2010. I had thick straight hair before that. Now I have a full head of chemo curls. I am so grateful to have any hair at all that I really do not care that it is curly. There is no way of knowing IF or WHEN your hair will get back to its pre-chemo state. I am treating it like I would any other hair style

This texture change - called chemo curls -- is pretty universal among cancer patients who've undergone chemotherapy, explains Dr. Jyoti Patel, an associate professor of hematology and oncology at.. Hi all, I finished chemo 2 yrs ago and Herceptin jabs just over a year ago. My hair has grown back curly and is now shoulder length. I am worried I will lose it as I keep reading chemo curls don't last yet mine is still curly from the root. I have big ringlets and waves and absolutely love it It really depends on the individual and the type of chemo. Many people have their hair thin when on the typical colon cancer drugs While some of us are born with beautiful curls, others come into their new texture by means of less fortunate paths. For many cancer patients, especially women, the process of losing your hair to chemotherapy can be an upsetting part of the journey. When that new hair starts to grow in, you are excited for things to get back to normal The Best Chemo Curls Hairstyles Pictures has 8 recommendations for wallpaper images including The Best Chemo Curls How Cancer And My New Hair Helped Me Grow Pictures, The Best August 2010 Hair Growth After Chemo Pictures, The Best Someone Wake Me Up Chia Patti Pictures, The Best Short Hairstyles For Chemo Curly Hair After Chemotherapy Pictures, The Best Lumps In My Bumps Chemo Curls Pictures.

The Science of Chemo Curls NaturallyCurly

1. My hair started growing back in about two months after the end of chemo and radiation, but I think that is because my hair loss was due to the radiation not the chemo. My friends with chemo didn't seem to get their hair back as fast as I did. If you don't get it back as quick as you would like, I suggest a fleece stocking cap, not the knit knid
  2. Often hair comes in a different color, thicker, wavy, and even curly. 4  In time, your hair color and texture may return to what it was prior to chemo, but this can take time. If you opt for shorter styles, you may notice this in 6 months to 12 months. 1  If you grow your hair longer, you may still have chemo curls for several years
  3. g more accepted as a real side effect, as more and more survivors begin to speak out about it. Some describe it as brain fog or difficulty staying concentrated on one particular thing
  4. d, but everyone is very curious about whether it's going to stay curly
  5. As hair follicles are one of those, hair cells are particularly affected, which is noticeable in the form of hair loss. But people do get their hair back once chemo is over and for most, the new hair may be even darker, curly or sometimes, very thin and frizzy
  6. But if I had to pick something positive out of this experience, it would have to be the fact that I get a chance to start over. Growing back my hair after chemo is a combination of physical and.

How to Care for and Style Chemo Curls - Verywell Healt

1. What It's Really Like to Get Chemotherapy Actress Krysta Rodriguez just finished seven months of chemo. Here, she answers every question you've ever had about the cancer treatment
  2. It's growing back so coarse and curly, I bet some of you are experiencing the same thing. So why do these chemo curls happen? Here's a few things I found out about our new friends. Categories: ALIVE with Joan. About The Author. Joan Lunden's dedicated breast cancer community
  3. Today I wanted to test out what it would be like NOT to have chemo curls. Watch me go from curly to straight!*The different texture of hair that grows bac..
  4. Of course, everyone's side effects are different, and no one knows exactly what your side effects will be until you're one to two cycles into your chemo plan (and they may change as your chemo.

What My Chemo Curls Taught Me About Lif

Did you NOT get chemo curls, or different hair? Close. 25. Posted by 2 days ago. Did you NOT get chemo curls, or different hair? Hi friends, I'm back to ask something superficial as usual!. My new hair is growing back so coarse and curly, I bet some of you are experiencing the same thing

Hello. I thought I would post about my hair, I had quite thick wavy/frizzy hair before chemo, which I did dislike to the extent that I used to have it permanentally straightened at the hair dresser (it's like a reverse perm) obviously lost all my hair on chemo Jan - April 07, it has actually come back different, the reverse to you guys, my hair has gone straighter (Yeah) can't believe it, I. Three months post-chemo and eight months post-mastectomy. Fade with Hard Part razor cut in. Cheaper- $20 vs. $50 at a salon. Faster- 20 minutes Start to Finish. Experience- They KNOW how to cut short hair. No more Mullet Chemo Fro. You will feel like a Badass (and look like one too) And even then, I never get it totally straight. Those chemo curls fight pretty hard. The second reason I hate my curls: They're not me. I never had curly hair. I never wanted curly hair. The only reason I have curly hair is because something terrible happened to me. And so, they're like a constant reminder that I had cancer What I didn't realize initially was how chemo would change my hair. As those sprouts began to thicken and get longer, they turned into the tight, coarse curls often referred to as chemo curls.

Chemo curls - will my hair be a different texture then before? Most people say that initially following chemotherapy treatment their new hair growth does seem different then before treatment. It can take a while for new hair to fully regenerate and so the first hairs can often be finer and a different texture then before Yep, those are chemo curls. I have them, too, mainly in the back of my head. How long they last varies. A friend of an online friend has had her chemo curls for 20+ years and counting; another had them for 5 years. I finished chemo 13-1/2 months ago and still have mine. I've made a game of it, watching to see what they do next im just about to have round 5 of chemo and all I can say is everyone reacts so differently to it. I have never had nausea, just tiredness, aching bones, tickley cough and sore throat. I think it also depends on the type of chemo ur having and the type of cancer you have. My symptoms after the first chemo lasted about a week then only a few days.

How long did chemo curls last? Cancer Survivors Networ

1. Getting a port for chemotherapy is a decision that a lot of WhatNexters have faced. A port, also known as a mediport or a portacath, is an access device used to give chemotherapy treatment.. While it's really a personal preference, getting or not getting a port is something that will affect you every time you get chemo treatment and in some ways will affect your daily life
  2. There's something new in my life that I want to share with all of you...and it has to do with my hair! Or, my new hair, I should say. It's growing back so coarse and curly, I bet some of you are experiencing the same thing. So why do these chemo curls happen? Here's a few things I found out about our new friends
  3. der that they're different, and are still affected by cancer, even if they're in remission. So, a growing number of women are craving chemo-curl support. They're not turning to hair salons to tame their new hair. Instead, they're going online, and blogging about life with chemo-curls
  4. Hi everyone! I finished chemo 6 months ago and now I have 1 1/2 inch of chemo curls. My hair is dry and the curls shrink
  5. g the dryer close to the hair as you get down the the end. Do this all over until dry. Then, go over all the hair with a straightening iron
  6. Chemotherapy may cause hair loss all over your body — not just on your scalp. Sometimes your eyelash, eyebrow, armpit, pubic and other body hair also falls out. Some chemotherapy drugs are more likely than others to cause hair loss, and different doses can cause anything from a mere thinning to complete baldness
  7. Chemo curls are the curly hair that grows after chemotherapy. Actress Sonali Bendre talked about this and other issues on #WeTheWomen show. One of the best quotes on cancer is, You are braver.

'Chemo curls' another kink in cancer recover

Tip #1: Accept it: Although not all chemo drugs cause hair loss, the hard core medicines most likely will. Get past the denial stage and accept the fact that you or a loved one will lose their hair. When starting chemo most hair loss occurs 7-21 days after getting your first treatment The truth is there are lots of ways to get chemo, including pills and even skin creams. And the side effects aren't the same for everyone. Learn these surprising chemo facts, and you'll be better. I'm not exaggerating when I say I read one bajillion articles on hair growth post chemotherapy. I was adamant about not accepting the no one knows what causes chemo curls response. Unfortunately, I had to accept it because I don't have a lab or funding to figure it out on my own. I hope one day all of you can forgive me. I was born with blonde, straight hair Not everyone reacts in the same way to chemo. What one person suffers from another will not even though they may be on the same chemo. My advice is keep an open mind. do not ask me which kind of chemo as i do not know, have not bothered to look at my notes yet, but i was too busy feeling ill to read much of anything. It was the sicky.

How long do post chemo curls last? - Breast Cancer Now

does everyone lose their hair on Chemo? Cancer Survivors

Hair Growth After Chemo. My hair is coming back too! About a month after treatment, fuzz began to show up on my head. Three months out, my hair is about 1/2″ long, a little thinner and greyer than before (fine by me!), and loooooks like it may be coming in curly (fun!). It's also super soft and when I touch it, it feels like petting a hamster I was sad when my hair thinned to such a point that I had to chop it off and wait for it to fill up. When I would ask my fellow patients, does the hair grow back after chemo?, everyone reassured me that it would. It did, but it did not come back the same way it was before, it came back maybe about a half of the pre-cancer amount Not all drugs that treat cancer cause hair loss, but many of them do.The good news is that it's almost always temporary. Here are 12 things you can do while you wait for your locks to grow back May 5, 2020 - Explore Robinpginneyrobin's board Chemo Hair on Pinterest. See more ideas about chemo hair, chemo, hair regrowth Stage 3: The Razor. L: baldy, R: my look for the first time I went out without hair. I really wrestled with the timing of shaving my hair. I wasn't worried about looking different or not having hair. I struggled with the fact that everyone would know what I was going through

If you've had chemotherapy before, your doctor may recommend using only one chemotherapy medicine at a time to treat advanced-stage disease. This way you get benefits with fewer possible side effects. In general, most chemotherapy medicines can be used until side effects become a problem or the medicine stops being effective The combo of big, bold brows, long fluttery lashes, and a short do creates quite a striking fashion statement. Growing hair out after chemo does not have to be a dreaded experience - with the right tools, a little know how, and creative panache, it can actually be a time to spread your wings

Products for Chemo Curls NaturallyCurly

1. On Day 16 I'm much better again. How many days after chemo do you feel better does vary for everyone. Despite the mouth ulcers, I feel quite good. And it's a lovely sunny day outside. I stand outside and feel the sun on my face and shoulders and it makes me happy
  2. utes) Apply generously onto damp hair. Leave in your hair 3-4 hours (or if a non.
  3. And yet, even if the pain dissipates time and time again, the damage chemo can do to the nerves may end up being permanent, which means lasting, chronic pain for the rest of the patient's life. It must be stressed that the severity of each side effect - and even whether or not it appears at all - will differ from person to person
  4. iscent of fine baby hair, or as one cancer survivor called it, mouse fur
  5. I do know when I'm finished with chemo, (and I fully realize unlike me, those with mbc will never be finished) I will shave off any remaining hair on my head so I can start over from scratch. Otherwise, I'll end up with some freakish mish-mash of length, color and texture even I am not willing to deal with
  6. Does CIPN Get Better After Chemotherapy? For many people, yes. As mentioned, in most cases CIPN symptoms build gradually, getting worse with each infusion. Symptoms flare up right after the infusion and calm down by the next dose. It is common for symptoms to peak about three to five months after the last dose of chemotherapy

The Best Chemo Curls Hairstyles Pictures - August 2021

1. Hair Loss Background When does hair fall out after chemo and how long does it take to grow back? This varies person to person. Generally speaking, hair loss caused by chemotherapy happens around two to four weeks after the start of treatment or around the start of your second chemotherapy cycle. Often people may find they start losing their hair in clumps during a shower, while brushing hair.
  2. How does chemotherapy increase my risk for infection and sepsis? Chemotherapy works by killing the fastest-growing cells in your body—both good and bad. This means that along with killing cancer cells, chemo also kills your infection-fighting white blood cells. Is there a specific time I may be more likely to get an infection
  3. or thing. Once it gets a little longer I will get the color removed and live with whatever it looks like curly, wavy or straight (as it used to be). This is a crazy ride we are all on, Never knowing what will come next. Enjoy the moment and find humor in whatever you do
  4. The chemo curls make my head look huge! The height of the hair really bothers me. I can't wear hats when it's like this. I don't want big hair. I've never wanted curly hair. EVER. That's why I started wearing the hair accessories because I can't do anything with those chemo curls. The curls are so tight, that I can't style it
  5. Chemotherapy can make you feel sick (nauseated) or cause you to vomit. Not everyone feels sick during or after chemotherapy, but if nausea affects you, it will usually start a few hours after treatment. Nausea may last for many hours and be accompanied by vomiting or retching. Sometimes nausea lasts for days after treatment

What causes nausea after chemotherapy is a question that haunts many people. Nausea after chemotherapy depends upon certain drugs related factors: Type(s) of chemotherapy drug(s) applied upon the patient; Whether the patient is taking Chemotherapy simultaneously with other form of treatment like radiation Patients may also get high doses of chemo to prepare for transplant, which further raises the chance of nausea and vomiting. The dose of radiation given. The bigger the dose of radiation given, the higher the risk for nausea and vomiting. How often the treatment is given Get a holding product such as a gel or mousse. In order to help your hair hold the curls for a long time, you should use a holding gel or mousse on your curls before shaping them. Try to get water-soluble products rather than alcohol-based ones, that don't feel sticky on the skin Mary H. I had chemo with Taxotere, Perjeta, and Herceptin starting in August 2012. The Taxotere was stopped last spring; I've been on the other two since then. I am continuing to have an echocardiogram every three months. My hair is (slowly) returning; the texture is finer than it used to be

new curls after chemo, what to do with it — CurlTal

Chemotherapy works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells, which grow and divide quickly. Chemotherapy is used to: Treat cancer. Chemotherapy can be used to cure cancer, lessen the chance it will return, or stop or slow its growth. Ease cancer symptoms. Chemotherapy can be used to shrink tumors that are causing pain and other problems The curl was. Unfortunately, I have hit the point where the famous and dreaded chemo curl reared its ugly head, pun intended. The curl first started around the bottom, and then like a fungus, began creeping up. It got to the point where it was very wavy on the top and super curly below the ears The extent of hair loss depends on the type of chemo, as well as the dose, but you can generally expect to regrow an inch of hair about two months after you stop treatment, followed by a full head.

New Hair, New Look After Chemo - Verywell Healt

Chemotherapy Basics. If you, a family member, or a loved one have been diagnosed with cancer you may be overwhelmed with all that it entails. It is important that you learn some important facts about your treatment so you can be a partner in your therapy. This video on focuses on chemotherapy and what possible effects it can have on your body Hair loss caused by radiation therapy may be temporary or permanent. At lower doses, hair loss is often temporary, but at higher doses, hair loss can be permanent. Your provider can discuss whether the hair loss is expected to be temporary or permanent, based on the planned dose of radiation. Each patient's situation is unique, however, and it. Chemotherapy, or chemo, is a process in which drugs are used to treat cancer. It is a systemic treatment — working through the whole body to prevent the spread of the disease. The drug(s) used will vary depending on the type and stage of cancer as well as the patient's age and health Everyone reacts differently to chemo but the majority are surprised to find it's NOT NEARLY AS BAD as you had expected it to be. For me, it was like a bad hangover that lasted for a week or so after each chemo session. Actually, I guess that's exactly what it is - although this time you're flooding your body with poisonous chemicals to. Most are short-term. The side effects of chemotherapy can be unpleasant. But it can help to try to see the problems in relation to the benefits of the treatment. Chemotherapy does not cause side effects in everyone. It causes different reactions in different people. Remember - almost all side effects are temporary

Stop using deodorant with aluminum, get a natural one like Tom's. I found a powder I love called PitPowder by MuddyH2O which is designed to encourage the lymphatic system to release waste and toxins. Stock up on some good paraban-free body products as chemo will cause your skin to become dry Figuring out why your curls aren't holding is the first step in getting your hair to hold curls. You may feel your hair doesn't have a chance to obtain beautiful curls that will last, but don't judge your hair too soon; it may be the furthest thing from the truth My biggest beef, though, is still these darn chemo curls. I used to have beautiful hair and the darn cancer pills took my hair and turned it into a mess. I'm still alive and do 2 hours of exercises each and every day. I'm not a quitter...and yes, I still don't like my oncologist whom I call Dr. Death Chemo curls and chia pets. It is amazing to look back over this past year and see all that has transpired. A year ago I was in the middle of chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer. I had lost all my hair and had barely enough energy to make it through each day. My goal was to finish chemo, get through surgery and be cancer free Why Chemo Works For Some People And Not Others. MIT researchers have shown that cells from different people don't all react the same way when exposed to the same DNA-damaging agent -- a finding.

For some women diagnosed with breast cancer, hair loss can be one of the more traumatic effects of chemotherapy. Scalp cooling caps and devices may be able to help combat hair loss Claire Bernish September 3, 2016. No matter how much doctors push the treatment, chemotherapy might not be the best option in the fight against cancer, as a new study shows up to 50 percent of patients are killed by the drugs — not the disease, itself. Researchers from Public Health England and Cancer Research UK performed a groundbreaking. Mielle Organics Avocado Moisturizing Hair Milk. Not only does Mielle Organics' Avocado Moisturizing Hair Milk keep curls moisturized as a leave-in right out of the shower, it also works as a curl.

21 Chemo Side Effects Everyone Should Know Abou

Avoiding chemotherapy may come as a relief to many women who are diagnosed with breast cancer, as the treatment comes with a number of side effects, including nausea, hair loss and anemia.. The. Whether you are a cancer patient researching tips & tricks to use to help your hair grow back after chemo, the victim of a bad haircut or simply want longer, stronger, healthier hair — I've got you covered! Side note: Not everyone undergoing cancer treatment will experience varying degrees of hair loss, but many do First Step: Get Organized! As with any chemo regimen, I highly advise keeping a log of your side effects day-by-day so you can report that to your oncologist at every appointment!It's easy for one day to blend into another and suddenly you may remember your side effects, but not when or how severe they were Hair loss typically peaks around the two-month mark after chemotherapy starts. While it's normal to keep losing hair throughout treatment and for up to a month after completion, two months is when hair loss peaks with most chemo drugs currently on the market. Two to Three Weeks After Chemotherapy Ends, Regrowth Begins

Chemotherapy. Chemotherapy is a systemic therapy used to treat breast cancer. Systemic therapies circulate the drug, or combination of drugs, throughout your body. Many women have undetectable microscopic cells in other parts of their bodies at the time of diagnosis. Adjuvant systemic therapy, or therapy given to you after your initial cancer. Type 2 curls are wavy, swavy and loose, almost stretched out, tousled curls. Think of the hottest hair trend in recent years, boho waves, which everyone from celebs, models on the runway to the girl next door have all been trying to achieve! 2a - the most subtle curly hair pattern/type, a slight wave or kink to the hair. 2b is loose and bendy. I finished chemo at the end of October. I finally shaved my hair off on November 6th. Now, it's past mid-January and I am still waiting for my hair to grow back. I am still waiting for my eyelashes to reappear. I am still waiting to get a good night's sleep. I am still waiting for the neuropathy in my feet to dissipate Brazilian Blowout is the poster child for the so-called Cancer Loophole. . In fact, many products in American contain lethal but legal ingredients. Chemicals like formaldehyde, styrene, cadmium, arsenic, asbestos, benzene, toluene and atrazine - to name just a few. We assume (or hope) products are safe because they are on the shelf

Eventually it will get wonky, weird shaped and as long as new curls will grow out of your scalp, you will forever keep straightening. For hair health overall, it is best to reduce application of heat and chemicals on hair, esp if you are worried about the costs This is a difficult one to say. The somewhat notorious chemo curls and changes in colour are caused by damage occurring to the hair follicle as a result of the chemotherapy drugs. Scalp cooling protects the follicles by reducing blood flow to the scalp, therefore less chemotherapy drugs reach the follicles #22: Simple Short Hairstyle with Scrunched Curls. Not everyone has time in the morning to spend 20 minutes styling their hair to perfection. Those who live on-the-go will appreciate a simple cut that allows to air dry hair and get a cute hairstyle Posted on September 2, 2011 by cancercurls. I have been having vivid dreams lately. I have always had vivid dreams, but these are over the top. During chemotherapy I had wild and crazy dreams. I guess if you put poison in your veins every two weeks you shouldn't be surprised when your subconscious goes a little nutty Terry's Tips for Cutting Curls. 1. Start by prepping the model with ColorProof's TruCurl® Curl Perfecting System. 2. Redefine the curls with CurlyLocks™ Color Protect Curl Mousse so you can see the curl patterns of the hair. 3. One of the most important things when you cut curly hair is being able to cut to the point of the curl

Chemo curl Is it permanent ? - Macmillan Online Communit

Everyone reacts differently to the side effects. There are many factors that determine how your body will handle the chemo, but you'll probably react better than you think you will. Sure, some days will be rocky, but that's only temporary. I promise. The worst thing to fear is fear itself Not everyone who undergoes chemotherapy will lose a. The most and least likely chemo drugs to cause hair loss If you have cancer and are about to undergo chemotherapy, the chance of hair loss is very real. Studies show that both men and women report hair loss as one of the side effects they fear most after being diagnosed with cancer There was a small benefit from chemo in the subset of women who were 50 or younger at the time of diagnosis and who had recurrence scores from 16 to 25. This group accounts for about 14 percent of women with the common form of early-stage breast cancer. The new findings suggest that at least 70 percent of women with HR-positive, HER2-negative. Do you have curly hair and want to try out the sleek straight look? Then, straightening your curls is the best option. But, you should follow some tips to get frizz-free smooth hair after straightening. Using a heat protectant before blow-drying your and using your flat iron on a low heat setting are some of them

Why Does Hair Grow Back Curly After Chemo

I was introduced to Chemo Cold Caps during my 2nd diagnosis with Stage 4 Breast Cancer. I was delighted to find out that there was a possibility to keep my hair through this round of chemo. Using the cold caps is easy once you go through that first round and the benefits outweigh the additional work and steps for using the cold caps A wig is another option during chemo. Many women who go through chemo like to wear long wigs. But a short wig can help you get comfortable with hair loss. After the treatments are over, your hair will begin to grow back but will be short for some time. A short wig can be styled, combed and curled to give a more natural feel You do not get the fatigue that is generated by IV chemo thus your quality of life is much better. Having said that, it does stop working like all the other drugs you take for Metastatic Breast Cancer and that's where I am now, looking for a drug that will arrest the growth. I am awaiting a tumor biopsy profile to determine what drugs will work Hi everyone. I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long. Been over a year but my chemo curls still goin strong. Sep 10th / 31 #chemo curls, #chemo princess, I think the most you can do is tell her that her immune system desperately needs nutrition and hydration to help the chemo do its job killing the cancer. And that getting out of bed. Curls add flair to any look, and many people have a natural curl that can be emphasized using certain hair care techniques. Whether you have a little wave you want to turn into full-fledged curls, or you'd like to make the ringlets you've got more defined and less frizzy, using the right cleansing method and styling process will bring out the best in your curly style

The majority of the questions I get asked revolve around hair! For many women, hair is our pride and joy. It's our comfort blanket, our protection from the world. Some hair changes can be fun, a new style, a new color, a new look. But hair loss, now that was not a change I wasRead Mor Let me show you exactly what a keratin treatment does to curly hair. For those concerned whether keratin treatments make curly hair straight or not, read on to find out more. You'll be surprised by how a smoothing treatment can have more positive effects on your curls Hair loss does not occur with all chemotherapy. Whether or not your hair remains as it is, thins or falls out, depends on the drugs and dosages. Hair loss may occur as early as the second or third week after the first cycle of chemotherapy, although it may not happen until after the second cycle of chemotherapy The optimal neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NACT) regimen in triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) has not been clearly defined. Achieving a pathologic complete response (pCR) provides important prognostic information, and, especially in TNBC, is considered a surrogate endpoint for event-free survival. Thu

This look has a way of adding class to any look and turns out amazing regardless of hair texture or age. We are definitely loving this black girl and the way she rocks her perm in loose curls. 5. Asymmetrical Ringlet Curls. This curly perm style for black hair is fast becoming a favorite and we definitely get why Depending on the kind of curl, wearing acrylics might be possible. But, with spoon nails or dramatically curved nails, it can cause infection. If you don't have great nails, you might be considering what many others do: get fake nails. Acrylic nails are popular for many reasons, so it makes sense that someone with oddly-shaped nails would. For the next three taxol treatments I took a steroid the day before, the day of and the day after chemo. Never had any more problems. However, I kept myself busy and told myself cancer was not going to get me down. Keep a positive attitude and hold your head up high. We are in a special sisterhood and we can do this I now have Chemo-curl hair. Post-chemo, my hair is now thick, coarse, curly who's hair is this anyway? type hair. I've tried a number of products including frizz control, gel and mouse, all to end up disappointed. Out of complete desperation, I picked up the Curl Creme